Monday, June 3, 2013

Short photo essay about Poznan

Actually, it's possible I might offend real photo essays with this.
Some shots of the Stary Rynek, or Old Town Square. It's one of my favorite things about Poznan. Someday, I'd like to take a really wonderful photo of the square. I think that would require me getting up early and going there, and gaining access to a top floor window...






One of my other favorite things are cobble stone streets that wind around things like a Stary Rynek and hide little cafes and shops.



This is what happens when you tell a 5 year old urchin that you want a picture with no people in it. Good thing she's a cute urchin.

And, I feel like in Poland sometimes you see things that are just a little crazier than in other places. Like jamming a Cadillac into a restaurant. One of the guys trying to manhandle the car is in sandals.




There are also nice playgrounds in the city.




And I like trams.

This is a view of Ostrow Tumski, or cathedral island, where the Peter and Paul cathedral, or Poznan Cathedral sits. The original structure was build around 968, and then in true Polish fashion, was destroyed and rebuilt several times. After it was burned in WWII, and then rebuilt, it hasn't been destroyed again. Progress!


That last one I doctored with an app called Snapseed. Good times. Light was lousy (user error?) this morning when M and I went to the playground, so I've resorted to trickery.
Do Widzenia!

No comments:

Post a Comment